Maternal Morbidity and Mortality event
In July 2015 the London Maternity Clinical Network developed a new process for reviewing maternal death serious incidents. This new system has a combined RCA template and process for recruiting external experts to the internal review meeting to provide an objective clinical view of the incident to assist the Trust. A copy of the guideline is attached below.
On 8 September 2016, the Maternity Clinical Network hosted an event to launch the report produced by the Maternal Morbidity & Mortality working group to review the themes from maternal deaths occurring in London during 2015. A copy of the report is available online.
The event incorporated presentations around the core themes from the maternal death SI reports and all of the presentations can be found below.
Should you require further information or wish to discuss this work stream, please contact Caroline Moren at email@example.com.
- Overview of maternal mortality
- Communication and coordination of care across settings
- Medical risk factors and complex cases
- Identification of deterioration and escalation
- Social risk factors and mental health
- Delays in care along the pathway and OOH support
- Closing remarks and way forward