London Foot Care Network meeting
The spring London Foot Care Network Annual Meeting was held on 27 April 2017.
Aims and objectives:
- Review the current situation in foot care services in London and the London MDFT transformation bids
- Work on transformation of services in London to reduce variation in outcomes among CCGs
- Plan how transformation of services will be implemented across London
- National perspective on foot care – Professor Jonathan Valabhji, National Clinical Director for Obesity and Diabetes, NHS England
- Overview of Treatment and Care bids outcomes – Dr Stephen Thomas, Clinical Director, London Diabetes Clinical Network and Consultant Diabetologist, Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust
- Diabetes root cause analysis amputations and mapping tool – Richard Leigh, Co-Chair, London Foot Care Network and Consultant Podiatrist, Royal Free London NHS Foundation Trust
- Implementation of Treatment and Care bids – Gemma Snell, London Regional Diabetes Lead, NHS England
- Psychology of diabetes – Dr Paul Chadwick, Consultant Clinical and Health Psychologist, Director of MEND Central Ltd, and Clinical Lead, Royal Free Hospital and Camden and Islington NHS Foundation Trust
- Neuropathy: background to pain, assessment and treatment – Dr Prash Vas, Consultant in Diabetic Foot Medicine and Diabetes, King’s College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- Role of orthotics and prosthetics – Christian Pankhurst, Co-Chair London Foot Care Network and Clinical Specialist Orthotist, Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust
- The cost of diabetic foot care: Has anything changed? – Marion Kerr, Senior Health Economist, Director Insight Health Economics Limited
- NICE 9 care processes – Dr Tony Willis, GP, Richford Gate Medical Practice and Clinical Lead for Diabetes, CWHHE CCG Collaborative
Questions may be made via Rosemary Bonney, London Diabetes Clinical Network Project Manager, (email@example.com or 07730 375 309).