London Memory Services Network launch | 22 October 2014
The first London Memory Service Network meeting, held on 22 October 2014, gathered stakeholders to provide an opportunity to share learning, education and good practice across the region.
- Making a diagnosis of dementia in areas of cultural diversity – Dr Norman Poole, Consultant in Liaison Psychiatry, Department of Psychological Medicine, Royal London Hospital, East London NHS Foundation Trust
- How do people with dementia and their families experience a dementia diagnosis? – Professor Gill Livingston, Professor of Psychiatry and Older People, University College London
- How to manage follow-up patients: A pilot of dementia navigators – Dr Suzanne Joels, Consultant Old Age Psychiatrist, Camden and Islington NHS Foundation Trust
- Integrating a memory service with geriatric medicine: the Lewisham model – Dr Belinda McCall, Consultant in Geriatrics and General Medicine, Lewisham and Greenwich NHS Trust
- Integrating a memory service with neurology: Can it be done? – Dr Jeremy Isaacs, Consultant Neurologist, St George’s Healthcare NHS Trust
- Feedback – Themes that emerged from table discussions